Enchiladas are a popular Mexican dish where usually a corn tortilla is rolled around a filling and then covered with a sauce.
Enchiladas can be filled with different ingredients, usually shredded meats, cheese, beans, potatoes or vegetable combinations.
This recipe uses la Costena Red Enchilada Sauce, saving you lots of time.
1. In a small skillet heat the oil.
2. Fry each Tortilla quickly and drain on a plate with a paper towel.
3. Fill each Tortilla with 2 TBS of chicken and roll. Place in an oven proof dish seam side down. Set aside.
4. Heat the Salsa in a deep casserole. When it starts to boil add the fresh cream. Simmer for 1 min.
5. Pour the sauce on top of the rolled / filled Tortillas.
6. Garnish with the sour cream and cheese.
7. Bake in hot oven until cheese melts.
8. In the mean time, heat the beans in a pot on top of the stove. If consistency is too thick, add some milk. Stir continuously.
9. Serve the enchiladas immediately and accompany with the refried beans on the side.