This is one of my family’s favorite dishes and lately, a lot of people have been asking me for this recipe! Taquitos are tortillas that have been rolled around a filling and deep fried until crispy. As you can imagine, they are a lot neater and easier to eat than a taco. Taquitos are great as a starter or main dish. And sooo easy…
- Click on the + to add product to cart.
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 3 Chicken Breasts. Cooked and Shredded.
- 1/2 Cup Oil (For Frying)
- 250ml Sour Cream
- 1/4 Head Iceburg Lettuce. Finely Chopped.
- 50 grs. Feta Cheese. Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup oil (for frying)
Pico de Gallo (Mexican Salsa)
1. Place 10 tortillas in your Tortilla Warmer and microwave for 1 minute. Alternatively, warm up each tortilla on a heated pan, turning them continuously until warm.
2. Before the tortillas cool down, place one large tablespoon of shredded chicken on one side of the tortilla, roll the tortilla as tightly as possible around the chicken and secure it with a toothpick.
3. Heat the oil in a small saucepan. When hot, fry the Taquitos until golden brown and crispy.
4. Drain the excess oil from the Taquitos on a few sheets of kitchen towel.
5. When you are ready to serve, place the Taquitos on a serving dish (remember to remove the toothpicks!) and garnish by spreading the rest of the ingredients on top. Start with the sour cream, lettuce, cheese and finish with the salsa.