This is a lovely and unusual salsa made with nuts, seeds and chilies. It is delicious with all kinds of meat and is surprisingly not too hot even though it uses Chiles de Arbol.
1/2 L Sunflower Oil
4 Garlic Cloves. Roughly Sliced
75 grs Chile de Arbol. Seeds and Stems Removed. (Save the seeds)
1 Tspn Salt
50 grs Peanuts. Roasted.
50 grs Pumpkin Seeds. Toasted
4 Tspns Sesame Seeds. Toasted
1. In a deep pot, heat the oil at medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and fry until translucent.
3. Place the cooked onion and garlic in a blender.
3. Fry the chilies in the left-over oil – quickly so they do not burn.
4. Add the chilies to the blender.
5. Let the oil cool down and then add to blender with the salt and liquidize.
6. In a bowl, place the peanuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, the seeds from the chilies and the chilli mix.
7. Incorporate all ingredients and check seasoning is to your taste.
8. Place the salsa into a clean glass container with a good, tight lid and refrigerate.