If just one soup could be labeled as a classic, it would probably be this one. Combining the traditional flavours and textures of Mexican ingredients.
2 packets Tortilla Strips
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
4 cups chicken stock
1 spring parsley
1/2 tsp Oregano – Dry
1 Pasilla – Dry Chilli. Roasted and seeded
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1 avo, chopped
Feta cheese, crumbled
2 Pasilla – Dry Chillies . Seeded, fried and sliced
250 gr Sour cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, and oregano in a blender and liquidize. Strain and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the roasted pasilla chilli and spring of parsley.
- Add salt. Cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the parsley spring. Check seasoning.
- Place all the garnish ingredients in separate serving dishes on the table.
- Serve a bunch of tortilla strips on each bowl. Add the hot chicken broth on top and let your guests have fun garnishing their own soup plate as desired.
- For extra heat add a few drops of Cholula Original Salsa Picante