My family loves this traditional Mexican dish which is an easy layered casserole. Great for a Sunday brunch!
This dish is commonly known as Aztec Pie, I call it the Mexican Lasagna, but instead of pasta, we will use corn tortillas.
20 Corn Tortillas
1 Bottle Red Salsa Salsa Casera
2 Cans Whole Corn Kernels in Brine. Drained.
2 Whole Poblano Chillies . Drained and Sliced.
3 Chicken Breasts. Cooked and Shredded.
400ml Sour Cream
500g Mild White Cheddar Cheese. Grated.
4 Tbs Cooking Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Pre-heat oil in a small skillet.
2. Fry the tortillas one at a time for a few seconds and drain on a paper towel.
3. Arrange 6-7 tortillas flat in a baking dish; covering the bottom completely.
4. Layer the other ingredients on top starting with the salsa, then the chicken, sliced green chillies, corn kernels, cream, cheese and salt and pepper.
5. Repeat the process for 2 more layers, first with the tortillas and then the rest of the ingredients.
6. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180C until cheese melts and the casserole is heated through.
Serve with Whole Black Beans and a side salad.