Mole is a traditional marinade and sauce originally used in Mexican cuisine. There are hundreds of different moles that vary in ingredients and color depending on the region.
Most Moles contain no less than 20 ingredients from fruits, nuts, dry chillies to chocolate; which is the star ingredient of this delicious sauce.
This is a traditional (made easy) Mexican recipe for “Pollo con Mole”. Thanks to La Costeña products.
12 chicken pieces – preferably thighs and drum sticks
1 jar of Mole Rojo Paste (235grs/jar)
3 jars of chicken stock (700 ml) – or water
Oil for frying
Sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat the oil in a casserole.
- Brown the chicken. Set aside.
- In the same casserole, mix 1 jar of Mole with 3 jars of chicken stock. Stir until dissolved.
- Heat the Mole and add the chicken pieces. Reduce heat, cover and leave until the chicken if fully cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Accompany with Mexican Red Rice and Refried Bayo Beans (820grs/can)