Coming from the Nahuatl word ‘chilaquilitl’, Chilaquiles is a traditional Mexican dish in which nachos are coated in warmed salsa so that they start to soften.
Usually eaten at breakfast or brunch with eggs, they are sooo easy and quick to make!
- Click on the + to add product to cart.
- 500g Nacho Chips
- 1 Bottle of Salsa
- 300g Grated Feta Cheese. Plain.
- 500ml Sour Cream
- 1/4 Onion. Thinly Sliced.
- 1 Avocado. Sliced.
- Sliced Jalapeño Chillies
1. Place the nachos in a shallow baking dish and crush them slightly.
2. Bring the salsa to a boil in a large pan.
3. Pour the hot salsa over the nachos.
4. Top with the cream and cheese.
5. Garnish with onion slices, avo slices and chopped jalapeño chillies.
You can add shredded chicken or cooked mince to make it more fulfilling.
Served with refried beans and the combo is complete!