A delicious twist on the classic Chilaquiles’ recipe.
The Habanero salsa gives a delectable fruity & sweet flavour.
Serves 4 / Cooking time: 30 mins
1/2 kg tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1/2 kg flank steak
2 cups water
Oil for frying
- For the garnish:
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup feta cheese, grated
2 habanero chillies, sliced
- Season flank steak with Taco spice. Set aside.
- Roast the tomatoes, onion and garlic on a griddle.
- Place all roasted ingredients in the blender. Add the habanero salsa, a pinch of taco mix (remember the nachos have salt already) and the water. Liquidize.
- Pour the mix in a preheated pan with oil and fry. Set aside but keep hot. Salsa should be slightly runny and not too thick.
- Grill the meat to desired taste. Let it rest and then slice.
- Add the nacho chips to the salsa and coat evenly. Serve on a plate with the flank steak strips. Garnish with the feta cheese, red onions and sliced habanero peppers.
- Serve with Whole Bayo Beans on the side.
- Place the bottle of habanero salsa on the table in case one of your guests wants more heat!