This is a great recipe that my family loves.
The corn tortillas are filled with the meat and then deep fried. They are a great snack or can be served as a main dish.
I promise you will not be able to stop eating them!
Serves 20 tacos
- Click on the + to add product to cart.
- 3 Pasilla – Dry Chillies
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 green tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 TBSP oil
- Salt to taste
- 1.500 kg lean beef meat, preferably soft sheen
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Salt to taste
- 20 Corn Tortilla
- Oil for frying the tacos
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- For the sauce:
- Fry all the ingredients.
- In a blender, liquidize with a little bit of water.
- Pour the salsa into a hot pan.
- Add the rest of the water and season to taste. Bring to a boil then set aside.
- For the meat:
- Place all ingredients in a baking dish – cover with foil – or pressure cooker. Cover with a little bit of water and cook for about 45 minutes in the pressure cooker or 1.5 hour in the oven at approximately 180 ºC.
- Once cooked, shred the meat using 2 forks.
- Assembling the tacos:
- Heat the corn tortillas either on a Comal or microwave using our Tortilla Warmers. Make sure to keep warm. If they cool down, they will crack when rolling.
- Add a heaped spoonful of dry meat in the center (no sauce). Roll tight. Secure with a toothpick.
- On a small skillet, heat the oil. Once hot, fry each taquito until crispy.
- Remove toothpick. Garnish with lettuce and sour cream.
- Serve the salsa on the side.