Enchiladas are a popular Mexican dish where usually a corn tortilla is rolled around a filling and then covered with a sauce.
Enchiladas can be filled with different ingredients, usually shredded meats, cheese, beans, potatoes or vegetable combinations.
This recipe uses la Costena Red Enchilada Sauce, saving you lots of time.
1 can Red Enchilada Sauce (420g/can)
18 Corn Tortillas
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
250 grs mild white cheddar cheese, grated
250 ml fresh cream
250 ml sour cream
1 can Refried Black Beans (820 grs / can)
Oil for frying
1. In a small skillet heat the oil.
2. Fry each Tortilla quickly and drain on a plate with a paper towel.
3. Fill each Tortilla with 2 TBS of chicken and roll. Place in an oven proof dish seam side down. Set aside.
4. Heat the Salsa in a deep casserole. When it starts to boil add the fresh cream. Simmer for 1 min.
5. Pour the sauce on top of the rolled / filled Tortillas.
6. Garnish with the sour cream and cheese.
7. Bake in hot oven until cheese melts.
8. In the mean time, heat the beans in a pot on top of the stove. If consistency is too thick, add some milk. Stir continuously.
9. Serve the enchiladas immediately and accompany with the refried beans on the side.