A delish, quick and easy recipe for a midweek main course. Using traditional ingredients such as Maseca (Masa Harina) and adobo paste. Try it out…
- Click on the + to add product to cart.
- 1 1/2 cups Masa Harina
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 100 grs butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 400 grs beef ground meat
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Adobo Cooking Sauce
- 30 grs raisins (previously soaked in water)
- 1 large potato, finely chopped
- Oil for frying
- Sift the 2 flours and baking powder together.
- In a bowl, cream butter, add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Add the sifted flours. If necessary, add a couple of TBS of warm water. The dough must be soft but not sticky. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry the garlic and onion. Add the ground beef and fry.
- Add the tomato, raisins, adobo sauce and potato. Stir frequently until fully cooked. Check seasoning.
- Grease a baking dish and line with half of the dough. Press with your fingers until the dish is covered completely.
- Add the picadillo filling.
- On a previously floured surface, roll the rest of the dough with a rolling pin to about 1 cm thick. Cover the pie. Press around the edges with a fork and make a couple of holes in the centre.
- Bake at 180 *C for 50-60 mins.
Serve with fresh pico de gallo salsa and side salad.