When the nights start get colder and colder in the South African winter, what would be better to warm up the heart than a nice bowl of soup?
Even a simple Mexican lime soup calls for a yummy, crunchy boost and what better ingredients to use than Tortilla Strips.
- Click on the + to add product to cart.
- 1 Large Chicken Breast
- 4 Cups Good Quality Chicken Stock
- 2 limes. 1 cut in half, 1 cut into thin slices with seeds removed -for garnish.
- 1 Whole Jalapeño Chili. Remove seeds and membrane if you want to avoid excessive heat.
- 1 cup Salsa Casera
- 1/2 tsp, Dried Mexican Oregano
- 1 fresh Tomato. Roughly chopped.
- 1 Packet Tortilla Strips
- Fresh Coriander to Garnish
1. Boil the chicken breast in 2 cups of water. Add the halved lime, the chili, salsa and oregano.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Once the chicken is just cooked through, remove from the liquid and shred.
4. Divide the chicken into 4 bowls, squeeze in the juice of the boiled lime and divide the soup among the bowls.
5. Add the fresh and chopped tomato into each serving bowl.
6. Pour in the hot chicken stock and garnish with the sliced limes, tortilla strips and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS!!!