A delicious recipe for a sweet variety of tamales. Great as a dessert, breakfast or mid-day snack. Easily change flavours to pineapple, coconut, kiwi, etc. And don’t forget to match the food coloring as well!
- Soak corn husks until soft.
- Bring brown sugar, cinnamon and water to boil until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain liquid, add a few drops of food colouring and set aside to cool.
- Mix Masa Harina with baking powder and beat in lard. Add liquid little by little and continue to beat until smooth.
- Fold in raisins.
- Spoon in 1-2 tablespoons of masa onto each corn husk. Add a spoonful of marmalade in the middle and fold end under.
- Place upright in steamer pot and cook 1 hour.