Tostadas are the more-authentic version of the hard-shell corn tacos that most people are used to. Tostadas are corn tortillas that have been toasted or fried until they are crispy. They are usually served as a side for ceviche or topped with various combinations of meat, vegetables. beans, salsas and/or cheese.
- Click on the + to add product to cart.
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 1/2 Small Onion. Finely Chopped.
- 4 Large Zucchinis. Roughly Chopped.
- 1 Cup Whole Cooked Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 Can Zucchini Flowers
- 1 Cup Refried Bayo Beans
- 8 Tostadas
- A Pinch of Salt
- A Pinch of Epazote
- Tajin for seasoning
- Salsa Roja Habanero
1. Heat the oil in a skillet.
2. Fry the onion until transparent and slightly golden in colour.
3. Add the zucchini, corn kernels and zucchini flowers and fry until just cooked through.
4.Season with salt and the Epazote.
5. Spread a tablespoon of the refried beans onto each tostada.
6. Pile on the cooked veggies.
7. Add a few drops of the Salsa Habanero and sprinkle with Pico Limon.
If you want to add a bit of indulgence, crumble feta cheese on top.