A #Mexicanfood classic!
Sopes are a common street food made with masa. The shape is small and round with pinched edges and have a variety of different fillings and toppings.
Depending on the place that you are in Mexico, they can also be called pellizcadas o picadas.
1. Prepare the masa by mixing the Maseca with water and salt.
If dough feels dry, add water in teaspoon increments until you get a soft and smooth dough. Cover with a cloth to avoid drying.
2. Take a portion of the masa and make a small ball. Press each ball of dough with your hands to form small thick patties. Cook on a skillet on both sides.
3. Immediately after cooking, press around the edges with your fingertips to form a small plate.
4. Spread beans and add salsa, chorizo and garnish with the cheese.
5. You can also top with pork cracklings, green chillie strips, chicken, mince or your favorite dish!
6. Serve warm.