Sopes are a common street food that can be served with any combination of fillings and toppings.
Tinga is a dish made with shredded beef or chicken in a sauce.
This easy recipe offers a bit of a twist as it combines beef, pork and chicken as main filling.
The result is just delicious! And could also be used to fill tacos or top tostadas!!!
Enjoy some family fun. Place all fillings and toppings in the middle of the table and let each guest prepare their own!
For the ‘Sopes’ recipe, pease click here:
Sopes with Chorizo
For the 3 Tinga of 3 meats fillings:
- 1 can Refried Black Beans (820 grs / can)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 500 grs flank steak cut into thin strips
- 500 grs pork tenderloin cut into thin strips
- 1 box Pasilla Cooking Sauce (350grs/box)
- 1 can Toreados Whole Roasted Serrano Chillies in Brine (220grs/can) use 4 or 5 chillies, sliced.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ripe Avos
- 1 romaine lettuce, shredded
- Oil for frying
- Marinate the pork and beef in the Pasilla cooking salsa. Cover and leave for at least 2 hours.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and fry the onion until browned. Add the pork and beef. Fry until cooked and then add the chicken.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced Serrano Chiles and simmer until all ingredients fuse together.
- Check seasoning.
FOR ASSEMBLING THE SOPES
- Spread 1 TBS of refried beans at the bottom of each sope
- Add the meat
- Top with shredded lettuce and avo.
*** you can also add shredded feta cheese and sour cream.
*** make the sopes tiny for a great finger food idea!