A #Mexicanfood classic!
Sopes are a common street food made with masa. The shape is small and round with pinched edges and have a variety of different fillings and toppings.
Depending on the place that you are in Mexico, they can also be called pellizcadas o picadas.
- Prepare the masa by mixing the Maseca with water and salt.
If dough feels dry, add water in teaspoon increments until you get a soft and smooth dough. Cover with a cloth to avoid drying.
- Take a portion of the masa and make a small ball. Press each ball of dough with your hands to form small thick patties. Cook on a skillet on both sides.
- Immediately after cooking, press around the edges with your fingertips to form a small plate.
- Spread beans and add salsa, chorizo and garnish with the cheese.
- You can also top with pork cracklings, green chillie strips, chicken, mince or your favorite dish!
- Serve warm.